ISU Extension & Outreach, Jasper County
- Non-Profit Organizations
Iowa State University Extension and Outreach builds partnerships and provides research based learning opportunities to improve quality of life in Iowa. The Jasper County Extension Council, county staff and ISU Extension and Outreach staff work together to provide research-based learning opportunities for our citizens. Through this partnership, we carry Iowa State University?s land-grant mission across Jasper County.
Our 2011 Points of Pride tells how we act on that commitment.
Jasper County programs are fulfilling that commitment:
- Becoming a scientist or engineer is not easy, but Iowa teens are getting hands-on experience.
- In only seven weeks, a child can learn how to stay away from alcohol and drugs.
- Starting conversations that lead to farm business transitionsfrom one generation to the next is hard ? we help get them started.
- Schools and restaurants are trained to safely prepare nutritious foods.
- Families are learninghow to prepare healthy, economical meals.
- Foods grown and marketed locally boost the local economy and fulfill consumer demands
- Our communities are more sustainable.
- Businesses get individualized supportthey need to grow.
- Farmers depend on us for the latest crop production research.
We can anticipate trends, build relationships, and catalyze opportunities because we are part of the ongoing life of our communities, committed to healthy people, healthy environments, and healthy economies.
Jasper Co. Extension is here to serve you! Iowa State University Extension and Jasper County have worked together to bring knowledge to the citizens
- Early Care & Education